Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

ff1964

Hello from New Mexico USA

Hello to everyone from NM.  Really looking forward to learning from the Stargazers Lounge members.  New to Astronomy received a Orion Star Blast 4.5 EQ last Christmas and am healthy enough to start using it. 

• Like 2

Welcome. Have fun with your scope and the forum. And stay well. 🙂

Good to see you here. How are your skies in New Mexico? Interesting avatar, is the beautiful bird an Eagle Owl?

Marv

My skies are ok about a B4 as I am in the countryside without neighbours. My nearest small village is three kilometres away and the street lights are turned off at midnight, which is great.

I do however have some light pollution to my south and west thanks to large towns about twenty five k’s away. All in all I can’t complain as I see some of the inner city back gardens some people on here have to use and I count myself lucky.

I have a mountain range about 100k to my south and if I can see it during the day then conditions are normally amazing. Big problem at the moment is it will not stop raining.

Now how about that bird?

Welcome to SGL. Enjoy the scope! Sounds like you have the possibility of really dark skies not too far away.

Hi, welcome to SGL :smile:

Welcome to SGL! One day I hope to visit Chaco Culture Dark Sky Park during a New Moon!

Hello ff1964,  welcome to the lounge.

Rick

Hello and welcome to the community, keep healthy and keep using that scope. Enjoy.

Clear Sky's