SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

One shot narrow band

Just a thought. One shot colour images can be separated during post processing into separate files for RGB quite easily of needed.

Is there a one shot narrow band filter that captures the main OII Ha Si

Given each are a different light band why not have an all in one filter. I guess there might be a technical reason why not that I've overlooked. Any ideas to add please?

13 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

Just a thought. One shot colour images can be separated during post processing into separate files for RGB quite easily of needed.

Is there a one shot narrow band filter that captures the main OII Ha Si

Given each are a different light band why not have an all in one filter. I guess there might be a technical reason why not that I've overlooked. Any ideas to add please?

Ha and Sii are both red, so you couldnt split those as they would both appear in the red channel

Oiii is between blue and green, so I guess it could be separated from the red.

If you have an osc, and only occasionaly want to spice up your images with nb from a light polluted site, then why not. But I wouldn't recommend it as a replacement for individual nb filters. Usually the three components, Ha, Oiii and Sii are at very different intensities and need individual treatment to get best results. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So I'll need to use a 4x number of exposures to simplistically compensate for using an unmodified DSLR.

I already have a baader neodymium filter but it's a little too broad and not quite as strong on light transfer %.

Currently considering the astronomik UHC as has good light transfer % and covers the oii and ha range though doesn't have two peaks but captures from for the second peak give or take 635nm right to the end and I need to research if that is a negative for light pollution compared to a say L-enhance which is labelled as a duo-band, where from what I can see the UHC is also duo-band.