Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

davhei

Low power eyepiece - Fast 10” dob

I'll give the Pan 27 a go since one came up for sale. Be interesting to compare the 24 and 27 and decide which one stays.

Cheers

• Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 08:18, davhei said:

Thanks! Do you know the differences between the Vixen and the 22 mm T4 Nagler? I would assume there would be similarities and the Naglers are always held in high regard. Do the Nagler need coma corrector to get sharpness across the full field while the Vixen albeit with a smaller tfov has sharp stars almost to the edge?

The 22mm Nagler will need a coma corrector, (expensive), but the 22mm Vixen LVW can be used without one. 

The 22mm LVW will be pretty much sharp to the edge by itself, while the 22mm Nagler will not.

• Like 1

I used a T4 22mm with a 250mm f4.7 Newt. I bought a coma corrector for it because without one... eek! Outstanding eyepiece though.

I moved to a C9.25 before changing to an LVW 22mm so don't know how it goes in a Newt. I have an 80ED in which it is simply the best. I can't imagine stars looking any sharper.

• Like 2