Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What are the holes for on this T2 male to male adapter?

Anyone know what the 2 holes are for on this T2 male to male adapter? I think it's a ZWO adapter, at least that's what it says on the packet, although have looked up the zwo product and it doesn't have the holes which is why I question that, wondering if this might be an older model perhaps.

IMG_9583.jpg

Edited by bendiddley

You can also take a couple of nails and clamp them vertically in a vice at the same separation as the holes, hold the stuck ring down onto them, and turn it to free it off.

Those holes are very good news! Would that every ring had them.

Olly

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

You can also take a couple of nails and clamp them vertically in a vice at the same separation as the holes, hold the stuck ring down onto them, and turn it to free it off.

Olly

Cool cheers.

• 1 month later...
On 08/11/2019 at 09:08, ollypenrice said:

Olly

Just had the problem of an immovable male to male T2 cemented to EF-W. Nails would not budge it at all. Finally managed to get it free with the nails/wood with the help of a tiny amount of wd-40 applied with sheet of paper to seep under adapter and give a bit of lubrication. Only use as last resort as you don't want wd-40 anywhere near the filters!  

I'll repeat my recommendation:

Before using any threaded adaptor, give the threads a slight smear of boot polish - your choice of colour ;)

This will significant reduce the possibility of the adaptor locking up. No out gassing or liquids to affect optics.

On 08/11/2019 at 09:08, ollypenrice said:

Olly

Just remember to file the points of the nails flat for a better fit. A better bodge is 2 bolts and a bit of steel or ally

Baader do a small adjustable pin spanner as some of there adaptors have these holes, my motorcycle equivalents are a bit on the big side