Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Devon!

adoldesa

Hi everyone!

After reading a lot of stuff on this forum, I think it is time for me to contribute as well. In brief I have been observing on and off for about 16 years now but only recently (about 1 year ago) acquired an astrophotography setup and upgraded it slowly to its current form which consists of a SkytWatcher EvoStar 80ED Pro, HEQ5 Belt Modded mount, 50mm guide scope and mono ToupTek guide camera, ZWO ASI 294MC Pro camera and a few filters (LPro Max and Tri-band). I traditionally image from my backyard here in mid-Devon under Class 5 Bortle skies, which is surprisingly good given I live in a medium-sized city.

Here a couple of my latest images, the Heart Nebula (IC1805) was acquired with my Nikon D750 DSLR and the Pleiades (M45) are the first light of my new ZWO ASI294MC. Unfortunately the integration if fairly short (4hrs on IC1805 and 1:30 hrs on M45) due to the horrible weather we had in the past two months.

IC1805_HeartNebula_D750_2Sessions_5hrs.thumb.jpg.915ae6da0f26abc7f7a8a9329179fd9d.jpgM45_ASI294MC_6000s_02_11_2019.thumb.jpg.617414521481577e8d49eed2aa326865.jpg

So... that's about it for now, I am sure I will keep learning a lot from this forum and I hope I can contribute a bit of my knowledge too.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Nigella Bryant said:

Welcome, so it's you that's caused the bad weather by buying equipment. Enjoy the forum, great peps here who'll help with any questions you have. Best site ever.

Ehm... Sorry about that... The FLO paecel said it may contain clouds but i think I unpacked about 3 months of it! Eheheh. 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...