Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

how much to 3D print this?

CedricTheBrave

1 hour ago, Gasman said:

I do wish you lot would stop discussing the things you make with these wonderful 3d printer thingamebobs . Er indoors will go mad if I embark on yet another hobby 😋

Steve

i feel the compulsion to buy one but just cant afford it at the moment

these rpi bases that were printed are just so good

• Like 1

On 05/11/2019 at 20:00, Gina said:

Much better than I'm getting ATM with my printer.  Seems I have serious finger trouble or more like brain trouble in getting my settings right!  Can't blame the filament - it's a new reel freshly opened and top quality.

It's those pesky Gremlins Gina the bane of all engineers :) 

Jim  

• Like 2

I have been trying to obtain a polar scope cover for an HEQ5....with no success.

However I have came accross this from someone who must have had the same problem.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2806098

Is there anyone with the skills and equipment to print one of these off....I have neither....😫

I would be more than happy to reimburse for materials and a bit extra for labour etc.

As well as immense gratitude for whoever could do this.

Kev

4 hours ago, Kev M said:

I have been trying to obtain a polar scope cover for an HEQ5....with no success.

However I have came accross this from someone who must have had the same problem.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2806098

Is there anyone with the skills and equipment to print one of these off....I have neither....😫

I would be more than happy to reimburse for materials and a bit extra for labour etc.

As well as immense gratitude for whoever could do this.

Kev

Funnily enough I do not use a polar scope as I have a Polemaster fitted and was annoyed at the small amount of movement I could get on the altitude bolt at the back of the HEQ5. I littrally could get just 1/2 turn when the cap was in place. and had to unscrew the cap to be able to turn it properly. So I removed the polar scope and designed a shallower cap and printed it so I now do not need to remove it.

So I would willingly print you one of these but unfortunately I am now working in China until just before Christmas.

But if nobody else offers by the end of the year I will give you a late Christmas present, PM me after 18th Dec if you do not have one by then 🙂

At this rate I will have my own business going by the time I retire in March 2020 🙂 

Steve

Edited by teoria_del_big_bang
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, kirkster501 said:

Hi, is there such a thing as a 3D printing service at all?  And if so any suggestion of a reputable one please?  I have a mounting widget, thingy-mi-bob I need to make somehow...

Steve

There are a few around and I think I read something recently of a company setting up a network of premises doing 3D printing, they will no doubt require you to supply CAD drawings in a specific format.

Dave

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kirkster501 said:

is there such a thing as a 3D printing service at all? 

I've used a couple of the on-line services.  I think the last one was 3D hubs (possibly here) and the turn round time was about a day, which was quite impressive. 

They accepted my Sketchup generated STL file (bit of a learning curve there, I found, but all the software was free), quoted a price instantly and let me choose what material to use. 

It was only a small holder for a guide camera, so didn't cost much.