Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from the Aude

Fo_Cuss

Hi Rick. Welcome on board. There are few people on here that are Living in France, Fozzy Bear and Biko to name two. I have to say I haven’t visited the Audi but it does look like we are all sharing the same universal weather.

I am in Tarn et Garonne, on the tri boarder between T and G, Lot and Lot et Garonne. See you around the forum.

Marvin

• Like 1

Steviebee, roughly where in the Lot? I have this strange idea for a southwest star party some time in the future. Nothing heavily organized but just a meeting of minds somewhere in the dark at first.

Never know where these can go. There is a group of astronomers that did an outreach around St Maurin, Puymirol, nearest big town Agen which I missed. I intend to get get in contact with these local star gazers and find out if there is a club. If any expats are interested in getting together then contact me direct on here. A little networking maybe be a good thing.

Marvin

1 hour ago, cletrac1922 said:

Welcome from Land Down Under

You travel the universe in this forum

What sort of scopes do you have

John

I'm just now speccing the design.

It looks like it will be an airgapped doublet 93/1000, with , as yet undecided eyepieces.
I'm just now heading over to the eyepiece forum, to learn why every eyepiece on my interested list, is rubbish 😀

On 05/11/2019 at 08:23, Marvin Jenkins said:

Hi Rick. Welcome on board. There are few people on here that are Living in France, Fozzy Bear and Biko to name two. I have to say I haven’t visited the Audi but it does look like we are all sharing the same universal weather.

I am in Tarn et Garonne, on the tri boarder between T and G, Lot and Lot et Garonne. See you around the forum.

Marvin

I'm another in France, in the normally sunny south east where Provence meets the rising Alps. It has now been raining for three weeks! Well, not non stop. We collected about 30 hours of deep sky data in the last fortnight but that's way below par.

Welcome.

Olly

• Like 1

On 07/11/2019 at 16:55, ollypenrice said:

I'm another in France, in the normally sunny south east where Provence meets the rising Alps. It has now been raining for three weeks! Well, not non stop. We collected about 30 hours of deep sky data in the last fortnight but that's way below par.

Welcome.

Olly

Sorry, didn’t mean to leave you out. I have seen plenty of your work product and you need no help from a relative beginner. I wasn’t deliberately leaving you out but you are well established on here, and for good reason, your Astro pics are amazing.

I am going on a bit of a road trip next year, so perhaps I could knock on your door and say hello. Never been to Provence or near the Alps. 

Marvin