Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
yesterday i've raided the piggy bank and pulled the trigger on some gear, so the waiting game is on 😏
FLO order (you're welcome) Esprit 120 without te ES Reid test (contacted FLO, there's no test report delivered afterwards so 🤔) SW flattener for the scope A larger Bahtinov mask (my current one is too small for the 165mm dew shield) A Baader Click Lock for the Esprit 120 A Baader finder shoe (i've read somewhere the standard one isn't that good)
TS Optics order APM 330mm Losmandy plate (will mount this one to the bottom and the green one on top) Dew tape 160-200 TS 0,75 APO reducer/corrector Variable M48 spacer (17-23mm) for getting to 75mm backfocus with the SW flattener Some M48 spacers TS has already shipped, FLO hasn't, don't know why, i've made sure everything was in stock and i've paid triple shipping cost for Express.
Anyhow i'm sure i'll get my toys by Wednesday.
I've doubted on witch reducer to get, i've read good things on the Explore Scientific 3" 0.7 reducer, but that one needed quite some expensive adaptor rings for the same starting price of the TS reducer.
Does anybody have experience with the 120 + TS reducer ?
The summer has proven challenging weather-wise here in the UK. The original plan was for 5 hours each of SII, Ha and OIII on this object. I got pretty close to completion last night before the clouds rolled in. I have decided to call it therefore, even though I am still 4 subs short of target. This is my Esprit 120, with QSI 690 atop a Mesu 200 in my home observatory.
Data captured between 27 May and 19 August 2017 and consists of:
Ha: 18x1200" OIII: 13x1200" SII: 13x1200" For a total of 14.7 hours
Data was then brutalised using PI and PS.
Following on from the 'free' widefield picture - https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/286774-free-rider-wo-star-71-and-horsehead/#comment-3142262 - here is the image through my Esprit 120. This is 8 hours in total. Last night we had a 'half-moon', more or less, and it was not too far away from the Horse. The Ha subs in both the Esprit and the WO looked about the same as they had done when there was no moon about. SGP does an Autostretch of downloaded subs. The 'black point' of the moonless and half-moon shots were only about 100 ADU apart, which I thought was pretty good. Rather foolishly I wasted time last night trying to get some LRGB. A 5 min Lum sub, autostretched by SGP, had an ADU in the high 8,000s (and looked pretty horrible)! Looks like I will have to wait for the disappearance of Moony McMoonface before taking on the LRGB acquisition.
So this is:
Skywatcher Esprit 120 Astrodon 3nm Ha - 24 x 20 minute subs = 8 hours QSI 690 I've tried not to go too 'extreme' with the processing: