Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Ooh that glows nicely, just look at those dust lanes.  It has an atmospherically misty quality to it which makes it look very natural.  That's a big "like" from me!  Maybe a tad more blue in there????

18 minutes ago, MartinB said:

Maybe a tad more blue in there????

Thank you. Yes agree on the blue lacking a bit. I struggled to get it as blue as prominent as it is here so will perhaps revisit and try to extract more blue next time.  

Yeah, Lovely that. The galaxy almost has texture the way it stands out.  Personally I think you've got the colour about right. You could make the blues slightly bluer. But I'm not so keen on the bright fluorescent blues that others prefer. I think those look unnatural. (Though what is? 🙂 ) 

It might look better framed along the diagonal. I made the same 'error' myself in the last M31 I did and cursed that I had. 

Did you use a mono 1600 or is this the colour version? Maybe you said somewhere and I missed it. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ouroboros said:

Yeah, Lovely that. The galaxy almost has texture the way it stands out.  Personally I think you've got the colour about right. You could make the blues slightly bluer. But I'm not so keen on the bright fluorescent blues that others prefer. I think those look unnatural. (Though what is? 🙂 ) 

It might look better framed along the diagonal. I made the same 'error' myself in the last M31 I did and cursed that I had. 

Did you use a mono 1600 or is this the colour version? Maybe you said somewhere and I missed it. 

Thank you . Completely agree about the diagonal, would make for a stronger composition. Could possibly be cropped but ideally needs the camera at the right rotation. I find getting the right angle very hit and miss and once set don't want to move it and have to re-do flats every time etc. It's taken with the mono zwo 1600mm and zwo 1.25"lrgb filters. 

• Like 1

Lovely, really like the 'mistiness' as mentioned before. Perhaps the core could be dialled down a bit using HDR Multiscale Transform in PI? And agree about bringing out the blues a bit more.

In terms of diagonal composition, that does tend to work better, but I do find that occasionally seeing a more horizontal composition adds to the variety and brings a different kind of depth to the composition. :)