SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Milky way from Kielder

After 20 years, I've finally had a good view of the MilkyWay.  When I saw if before, it was a feint streak across the sky and a bit underwhelming.  Last night, I arrived at Kielder forest, and got my first decent view of the Milky way.    Having camera gear with me, it was time to put my new Star Adventurer to good use.  Setup, Polar aligned using an Asiair, ZWO ASI290MM and Mini Guide scope.    Then took off the guider and added my Canon 70D with Sigma 17-50mm lens, shooting at F2.8.    30 frames, stacked, no darks, bias or flats.   Integrated with Astro Pixel Processor (learned all about that last year at the SGL Star Party)    then some light processing in Photoshop CC (cropping, levels, curves and a few actions)

St-avg-1740.0s-NR-x_1.0_LZ3-NS-full-eq-add-sc_BWMV_nor-AAD-RL-noMBB-NoSt.thumb.png.a231fcaf32381672bb52c37ed2af4db2.png

• Like 3