Narrowband

Wrong camera angle -Ooops!

fwm891

My own fault (I was the only one there so can't blame anyone else 🤫).

I woke about 3 am this morning and looked out on stars 😀, so down stair open the obs, grab a coffee, down to business...

I did a quick frame/mosaic sequence in SG Pro covering the area between the flame and M42 - 4 panels. I set-up to do 4 x 120s subs per panel to see what I'd get. Trouble was I miss judged the rotation on the top panel with the flame neb - set the sequence going only to come back 20 mins later to see that they were rotated by a long way. Let the sequence finish the 4 panels, closed down and back to bed...

Because of the rotated frames I've had to heavily crop the image each side. Must try harder (heard that somewhere before!)

Flame-2-M42 Test_RASA.jpg

• Like 9

I found it hard work having to scroll my browser window to enjoy this superb image. So I applied the sum total of my image processing skills to fix it! :)

Hope you don't mind but I'm in love with your image!

image.png.c0fd5f2c969dd311e6c9af214671a5cc.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2