Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Well last night was a waste of time - we have a 2000' hill to the North of us so the Aurora needs to be pretty strong to rise above it. I couldn't leave the house as I was imaging the North America nebula with my telescope. Rather than dump over 320 subs I turned them into a timelapse - you can see very faint reds and greens to the left and behind the trees about halfway through.

• Like 3

Living about 53deg N, an aurora is a once in many years event. I have yet to see one from near home.

A very nice timelapse though. Only part played then reported file corrupt. Probably an issue at this end. Thanks for posting.

David.

I guess that you rarely see the auroras at 53N, my only hope at 27N will be the next massive CME.

Just hope I still have power and cell phone while I watch it.🙄