Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

Steve

IMPORTANT SGL Star Party Cancelled due to Flooding

15 hours ago, Tim said:

We are going over to Winterfest at Kelling in November should you need to get a big scope fix..

See you there in just over three weeks time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhotoGav said:

I know this might be controversial and has been discussed briefly before, but... what about finding a new location that is not next to a flood hazard.... I’ll get my coat........ 😮

It's not a problem thats going to go away anytime soon. I was suprised to see that the marquee and tents were going in the further field, last year that area looked like it was lower than the other fields if i recall correctly.

I imagine finding a campsite that has all the facilities, and is willing to have large extended bookings is tricky during peak times. I like the time of year, just a shame that these long periods of rain and the wye flooding is becoming a regular occurence.

• Like 1

This weekend seems to be cloudy and raining over most of the UK this weekend. 

If the weather is good, I am thinking of going to Lucksall on the 21st to 24th November. Hopefully the campsite will have recovered by then.

18 hours ago, AstroGnome said:

Hang it.

I'm going to Six Penny Handly, Anyone want to join me?

Mark,

I'd love to, but after seeing my huge disappointment and kicked puppy expression yesterday, my Wife immediately claimed the weekend back and has organised some stuff as its her birthday and she only reluctantly agreed to let me go to Lucksall as I enjoyed it so much. So I can't really complain.

Ade

• Haha 1

Awww gutted! I wasn't attending this event but i know lots of folk were planning to! Never mind, hopefully next year will be ok. I'm planning on attending my first one next year so hopefully it will be even busier than it would have been because people will be making up for lost occasion this time around! 

Wes, Liverpool, UK.

Really sorry to see the SGL meet cancelled for you fine folk

Unfortunately there are areas of Herefordshire that are more prone to flooding than others. From what I gather over the years that Lucksall seems to be one area that is in the at risk area when ever the weather turns wet for any length of time. There are plenty of other areas in Herefordshire that do not have this problem. So hopefully matters can be arranged to help the situation in future. I really do feel sorry for those who have booked time from work for a well deserved break having some star gazing fun with like minded people. And those who have hired camper vans to come to the event. Hopefully if you have insurance this will help? But all depends on the type of insurance I suppose. Sorry guys and better luck for the next SGL event. If my back garden was bigger could of rearranged for a plan B 😉

• Like 2

Real shame to hear about the cancellation, following many of the threads on this site it was apparent that quite a few were really looking forward to the party. Awful lot of hard work down the pan, but  It's all part of life's rich patter but still a pain.

Take care everyone.

K

Edited by KevS

We weren’t going this year due to timing but I’m sorry to see the weather got the better of us!!! Better luck next year. 

I wasn't going, but I'm gutted for the organisers and everyone else involved.  I enjoy it vicariously just reading about it on the forum and will miss the commentary this year.  Hope some of you manage to hook up else where and that the organisers don't have too much extra work with the refunds.