Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Skipper Billy

NGC7000 - North America Nebula

27th October 2019 - The North America Nebula - NGC7000 - Takahashi 106, Atik 16200, Atik EFW3 filter wheel, Baader 2" broadband filters, Mesu 200 mount guided with SW ED72 and ASI 290 mono. Software - SGP, PHD2, processed In Pixinsight and fully calibrated with darks, bias and flats. 3 hours Ha - 2 hours Oiii and 2 hours Sii all binned 1x1. A lot of low whispy cloud and poor seeing. Processed in 'Hubble' pallet. This needs reprocessing when I have time - all the brightest stars in the middle have 'Raccoon Eyes' !

Full res here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/113316085@N05/48974834692/in/album-72157675109735132/

NGC7000 NANjpeg.jpg

• Like 11

That is as good as I have seen, keep looking at it wondering which scope will show the most, but then with being somewhat new worried like hell to take apart a rig that is working very well, buy another mount maybe.

Alan

I've never been that excited about NGC 7000 but your Hubble treatment really brings it to life, I'm going to have to give that a go whenever the skies clear,