SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

azgti wifi question

Good evening all.  I have been outside practicing with my azgti wifi, using the phone app.  Finding any real instructions is extremely difficult, I hope someone can help.  I'm not very good with mobile phones and touchscreens either.  Basically the software isn't very intuitive.  I managed to do an alignment, then the list of deepsky objects wasn't very big, it contained a lot of faint objects I'll never see from my suburban garden and didn't contain M15, one that I was hoping to get a look at...................I don't suppose there is anywhere a comprehensive instruction manual?   Is it just a case of trial and error?  I've had a lot of scopes before and I'm sure this is a great setup (127mak azgti wifi) but all I can say, if this was my first ever scope, it'd probably on it's way back to the store already, or confined to storage.  I didn't really get to see a thing tonight!!

Clear skies

Dave

15 hours ago, davekelley said:

Good evening all.  I have been outside practicing with my azgti wifi, using the phone app.  Finding any real instructions is extremely difficult, I hope someone can help.  I'm not very good with mobile phones and touchscreens either.  Basically the software isn't very intuitive.  I managed to do an alignment, then the list of deepsky objects wasn't very big, it contained a lot of faint objects I'll never see from my suburban garden and didn't contain M15, one that I was hoping to get a look at...................I don't suppose there is anywhere a comprehensive instruction manual?   Is it just a case of trial and error?  I've had a lot of scopes before and I'm sure this is a great setup (127mak azgti wifi) but all I can say, if this was my first ever scope, it'd probably on it's way back to the store already, or confined to storage.  I didn't really get to see a thing tonight!!

Clear skies

Dave

Have you the Pro version of the App? If not then do that first. Touching  the ‘Deep Sky’ button in the app will automatically open a dialogue box into which you can type any Messier number you like.  Then assuming your scope is aligned just press GoTo. For alignment I find the North Level method the most reliable and remember to finish the centreing of the target with the up and right arrows. They remind you by blinking at you!

• 1 month later...
On 28/10/2019 at 12:34, Owmuchonomy said:

Have you the Pro version of the App? If not then do that first. Touching  the ‘Deep Sky’ button in the app will automatically open a dialogue box into which you can type any Messier number you like.  Then assuming your scope is aligned just press GoTo. For alignment I find the North Level method the most reliable and remember to finish the centreing of the target with the up and right arrows. They remind you by blinking at you!

Thank you.  I don't think I do have the pro version.  I will get onto it!  The last time I took it out and did an alignment It was more accurate, and I was able to track the moon in the fov for a good 15 minutes which is fantastic.  Then I thought I'll go after a bright dso.....I got "Synscan is not responding"  gave up and went back inside.  Bit by bit I will get there.....