Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Narrowband processing in Photoshop CC - 8 steps video

widotje

Hello folks, 

I have made a video where I show 8 steps I often use when processing my narrowband images in Photoshop CC.

Any kind of feedback or tips you can give me are welcome...I'm eager to improve my processing skills.

And yes, I'm planning to buy pixinsight when i have the time to learn how to use this program :).

Link to the video is here: https://youtu.be/J4vyjMI-9cc

Cheers,

Wido.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I also do video tutorials in Photoshop.  I watched your tutorial out of curiosity and you use quite different methods to me at times, it is interesting how many different ways there are to process.  

I like your videos and love your fluent English with the Dutch accent.  The Dutch are very good at speaking English I have found (I have Dutch friends from around 50 or more years).  

I am sure people will find this and your imaging camera tutorials very useful.

Carole 

• Like 1

Looks great.

I am watching this with the sound down as I am at work, whilst pretending to supervise a test with my Year 10 class.    

I am new to the higher levels of processing with PS and welcome any advice going with clear, easy to follow steps.

Good work, 10 out of 10.

• Like 1

On 25/10/2019 at 12:23, carastro said:

I also do video tutorials in Photoshop.  I watched your tutorial out of curiosity and you use quite different methods to me at times, it is interesting how many different ways there are to process.  

I like your videos and love your fluent English with the Dutch accent.  The Dutch are very good at speaking English I have found (I have Dutch friends from around 50 or more years).  

I am sure people will find this and your imaging camera tutorials very useful.

Carole 

Thank you for your positive feedback Carole!  And I'm very interested in alternative methods/techniques so if you have any recommendations I'm all ears :-).

• Like 1

On 25/10/2019 at 15:32, wornish said:

I learnt quite a bit from your video - Thanks.

You might want to point out that HLVG only works on Windows systems not Macs.

Thanks, I'll try to remember that next time. Are you aware of other software available for Macs that do a similar job?

On 25/10/2019 at 13:03, Craney said:

Looks great.

I am watching this with the sound down as I am at work, whilst pretending to supervise a test with my Year 10 class.    

I am new to the higher levels of processing with PS and welcome any advice going with clear, easy to follow steps.

Good work, 10 out of 10.

Thank you! And I hope no one cheated on the test :-). 

2 hours ago, widotje said:

Thanks, I'll try to remember that next time. Are you aware of other software available for Macs that do a similar job?

No free ones I know of.  Pixinsight does have a process called SNCR which does exactly the same.

This was pretty much what I was looking for. I have had PI and PS for a while and after a lot of practice have got a reasonable grasp of PI but done practically nothing on PS and really need to do so.

The tutorial is very good but a couple of odd things I have noticed so far is that on at least 2 occasions layers appear between one frame and the next without an explanation of where they came from.

1st instance  - At 10 mins the top layer is the blue layer

1.jpg.bfce4c54b180ca7e70bfb4f7a25a8635.jpg

Then you explain how to obtain HLVG and a minute later the top layer is now a new layer but where did it come from?

2.jpg.4af0a26a4947aa3679ca7e5c28af063b.jpg

2nd instance

3.jpg.75f28abc51cd5d476023075ae2be5ca8.jpg

Then 

4.jpg.58e6004bf37c6230c7d4e6007e26737f.jpg

Now I am sure that anyone with previous knowledge of PS will automatically realise what to do but it confuses a complete PS novice like myself.

This is not a criticism just a question and really I am so grateful to yourself and other member that make these tutorials, without them this would be so much more difficult than it is already.

Steve