Narrowband

Cygnus Wall fragment in HORGB

drjolo

Cygnus Wall is well known fragment of NGC7000 North America nebula complex, that is also a part of even larger molecular cloud. Maybe not everyone knows, that the star responsible for ionisation of NGC7000 cloud was not known for a long time. Recent studies indicates, that it may be star denominated 2MASS J205551.25+435224.6. This is hot O-type star obscured with clouds of dark matter, and invisible to visual observations.

Image below was captured at my backyard observatory with Meade ACF 10" telescope on EQ6 mount and QHY163M camera with Baader filters. It is composite of Ha 200x2 minutes, Oiii 75x2 minutes and  RGB 50:40:40 x 30 seconds. Data was captured during three nights 28-31 of August. Seeing was mostly good, transparency average-good, suburban sky.

spacer.png

Cygnus Wall fragment in hydrogen alpha band

spacer.png

Cygnus Wall fragment, HORGB composition

• Like 16

Great images!

I like these!

I have a couple of SCT telescopes that have been mothballed as I seem to see more refractor, reflector and rc images on this forum but you have shown that an f10 SCT is more than capable in the right hands!

Thanks for sharing 

Bryan