Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ASI294MC What am I doing wrong !

2 hours ago, Adam J said:

Never use a gain of less than 120 on the ASI294mc pro as it alters how it reads the pixels.

Hi Adam,

had this Camera for 6 months, tried the unity gain ( corresponding 120 s) in SGP. Result was extrem Col.noise and stars were kind of overexposed , RGB histogram by far misaligned .

In the course of time, turned down the gain to 70 and from 300s to 180s and the C.noise dramaticaly went down . This is purely my expeirence. I cant try this again as I sold off this cam.

Was trying to combine the lum from CCD with CMOS OSC. In the end I gave up,  lol.

Adam , did you use this camera or did u check personaly how the gain values respond ? Curious 2 know, probably my handling was wrong. This was my low gain attempt HLRGB.

cheers

Rush

717708674_IC1396copy.jpg.b7200d893b780e87dca9c76e988c3857.jpg

1 hour ago, Rush said:

Hi Adam,

had this Camera for 6 months, tried the unity gain ( corresponding 120 s) in SGP. Result was extrem Col.noise and stars were kind of overexposed , RGB histogram by far misaligned .

In the course of time, turned down the gain to 70 and from 300s to 180s and the C.noise dramaticaly went down . This is purely my expeirence. I cant try this again as I sold off this cam.

Was trying to combine the lum from CCD with CMOS OSC. In the end I gave up,  lol.

Adam , did you use this camera or did u check personaly how the gain values respond ? Curious 2 know, probably my handling was wrong. This was my low gain attempt HLRGB.

cheers

Rush

717708674_IC1396copy.jpg.b7200d893b780e87dca9c76e988c3857.jpg

It went down because it automatically bins the pixels below gain 120.

16 hours ago, Adam J said:

It went down because it automatically bins the pixels below gain 120.

Ah, interesting. my brain pixels too binned now.😜 manually. Humming teach ur children well.

Hi

I was playing with your data - hope you don't mind !, you have a very rich area of the sky which is full of Ha nebulosity.

I stacked your Flats, Darks and Lights in DSS, I can't believe how sensitive this camera is, I can't wait to get mine out !

I tried not to stretch it out too much, but wanting to retain as much of the surrounding nebulosity as possible and used some noise reduction.

N.

NGC6888_play.jpg

Edited by Skyline
change of image

4 minutes ago, Skyline said:

How much is high, when using backyardeos, I used to set it at 3

My dither is set to 15 in APT. APT goes up to 90 but i think its worked on pulse length rather than a set distance. its pretty random which seems to work nicely. 

I ditched BYEOS for APT, cheaper and seems a little more flexible. Wouldnt be without pointcraft now either.