SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M27 Dumbell Nebula ... subs taken over several nights

SlimPaling

Hi ..

Attached is my final image of M27 taken on four widely spaced nights over a period of almost a month. Had constant battles with poor USB connections and endless cloudy nights 😞 Even on the cloudless nights the seeing wasn't that good ... and I have to contend with a fair amount of light pollution here.

I did 13 x 300sec CLS subs and only 3x300sec RGB subs. Images callibrated, aligned and stacked using MaxIm DL and processed using Photoshop ( I can't understand PixInsight yet despit many attempts!! )

I am a bit disappointed with the colour of my stars ... should I try to add a few more RGB images before M27 disappears behind some trees in my garden?

Mike

M27 Dumbell Nebula.jpg

• Like 11

On ‎22‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 16:09, cuivenion said:

Hi, That's a great image. Here's a set of tutorials I found very helpful when I first started using Pixinsight:

https://www.lightvortexastronomy.com/tutorials.html

Hi ... many thanks for sending the link ..... looks like I have a lot of reading to do :-)))

• Like 1