SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

'The Crab', a test run

centroid

Since returning from Oz, SWMBO has had me 'gutting' the bathroom and installing a new one, so I've had little or no time, or energy :D , to get out to the obys. :)

However, I did manage to re-install all the gear back into the obs, get the scope aligned, and grab one quick session for a 'test run' to see if everything was in 'running order'. That was a week ago, and I've only just this evening, processed the result.

Although the sky conditions were far from ideal, It was nice to see that everything functioned as it should, and here's the result:

M1 18x300 secs with the 12" LX200R at f/6, and SXVF-H9C camera.

As for the bathroom, I finished the tiling today, so not too much more to do now, and most importantly, she is impressed :hello2: .

Dave

post-13389-133877351059_thumb.jpg

Nice - I like that. Some questions for you if you don't mind...

Is that guided or unguided? Is your LX fork or EQ mounted? I'm interested since I have a fork mounted LX200 and I have not been able to get anything decent beyond a minute or so without guiding. Just got my sxvh9 however so now the fun begins...

regards

Iain

You mean to say you haven't had a bath since you got back :laughing2:

Nice to see you back in the imaging harness Dave, with a quality Crab Neb.

You will soon be up to speed mate, and with nothing to distract you.

Welcome back too.

Ron. :salute:

Dave - good to see you haven't been idle since you got back from OZ.

Astro equipment works OK then - good Crab image.

I won't have used my astro equipment for about 8 months when I return to the UK next April - so I'll struggle to get back into it. I haven't to re-do the bathroom though for SWMBO - just redecorate the house!

8)

MD

Thanks for the commenmts guys, and it was indeed nice to find that everything worked again, without any issues.

Mel,

My LX200R is 'fork mounted', and was guided with an 80mm APO and an SX Lodestar guide camera, for the 90 mins (18x300s) on the 'Crab'.

My Polar alignment is pretty accurate, in that I only needed to guide in RA, and I've got the PE of the mount down to 7 arc secs, with the help of Pempro software. When I get time, I'll refine the PEC data some more, and hopefully get it down to below 5 arc secs.

John,

You're in the best hemisphere at the moment mate, as its a bit 'nippy' here, especially after Oz :hello2: .

IMO, the bathroom didn't need replacing :nono: . I went through the process 19 years ago, and the 'suite' was still in perfect order. BUT!!, it was a coloured suite, as was the fashion at the time, and the 'good lady' wanted white, as is the fashion now :D .

In fairness :) , she did suggest having someone in to do the work this time, and I got a couple of quotes.

Knowing what work was involved, I thought they wanted 'silly money' :nono: , so having all the necessary tools and competences, I decided to get on and do the job myself.

Dave

Archived