SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

FS-60CB Extension Hood

Just saw this announcement dated yesterday on the Takahashi website. There are pictures in there but I won't link them here.

To save everyone doing a google translate, it states:
"We will release an extension hood for FS-60CB that has the same white color as the lens barrel. 
The extension hood weighs about 420g, so it not only prevents stray light but also functions as a counterweight. FS-60CB is a short aperture telescope with a small aperture, which makes the camera side heavy and difficult to balance."

I've always planned on getting a mini tak in the future, and this news came somewhat at a surprise to me.
The weight balance I can understand, but stray light is a new one for me. For those with the scope, do you think it may help with visual / photo, or just a fancy add on ?
I can imagine the 60Q is just about to get slightly longer though 

Edited by Panda Alvin
  • Thanks 1

I have certainly had no issues with stray light using the scope visually.  I would say, as with most scopes, the dew shield is too short relative to the aperture, so does not keep dew at bay as long as it could, so from that perspective it would be a welcome addition, and the extra weight up front could prove useful.  Try balancing a FS-60 with a 2" diagonal and 21mm Ethos....

• Like 1