Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep2_banner.thumb.jpg.e37c929f88100393e885b7befec4c749.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
MARK2008

First ever question..Mounting a camera on to a telescope????

Hi every one please forgive my novice question...Although i hav'nt got my telescope yet, i was wondering what equipment i would need to mount a Fugi finepix s5700 to my ''scope''

Fuji_S5700.jpg 46MM thread on the lens

To this

76700.jpg

Please answer as though your talking to a child... as i have'nt got a clue what you'd be talking about..... :D

Thanks for your time...Mark

I bought my adaptor for my S6500FD on ebay. I had a look for 1 for your camera but no luck just now, I'll keep looking though............ :-)

Gary

You can simply use the DIGI-T and an appropriate 46mm (or whatever) size t-ring your camera needs.

Hi Mark,

Welcome to SGL!

My advice would be this http://www.firstlightoptics.com/proddetail.php?prod=swinivcamadaptor

I had one of these (and then later sold it for the DIGI-T system). The advantage this has over the DIGI-T system is that it's pretty much Universal.

With the DIGI-T system you need a specific design of eyepeice, and the adapter is camera specific.

So if you sell the eyepiece or camera your will need to buy more stuff.

Ant

Mark, I have used one of those and to be honest, I didn't get on with it. I found it incredibly tricky to get the eyepiece square in the clamp and when I did, I had to treat it with kid gloves to make sure I didn't knock it out. Very fiddly!

Another alternative would be to buy a Baader Hyperion eyepiece and get the respective adapter ring to fit your camera. This is how I first started astrophotography and it's a very sturdy system as it all screws together without any bolts or clamps. The eyepiece then goes into the telescope as per normal and off you go. The good thing about it is that if you decide that taking pictures isn't for you and you just want to observe, you'll still have a good quality eyepiece to use.

Tony..