Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What is this part?

Trying to identify this part and what it's for which came with some stuff I bought recently. I think it's some kind of nosepiece but not sure what it connects to. The nosepiece end is 50.5mm external diameter with an internal thread of 48mm. The bottom male end is also 50.5mm external diameter. Anyone know anything about this? Cheers.

IMG_9518.JPG

IMG_9519.JPG

Looks like an adaptor to screw onto a DSLR lens adaptor. I have one for my Sony a6300 so I can mount the camera prime ficus to my scope. This screws into the end of it so that it fit into the focuser in plaxe of an eyepiece.

1 hour ago, Davey-T said:

Looks like a 2" nose piece to screw into a T ring.

Dave

I thought that too but look at diameter of "T2" part - it is about the same if not wider of 2" nose piece. I don't think it is in fact T2/2" adapter.

It might be M48 / 2" sort of extension tube with a "limiter" - but my guess is that it is indeed related to DSLR like @Swoop1 said.

Cheers guys much appreciated. Found this on astromart which I think confirms it is in fact the flo adapter for skywatcher focal reducers that tooth_dr said he thought it was and that Ouroboros showed a photo of. Except mine is actually black not blue, my photo had some bad colour casting on it lol - a good way of adding some extra confusion into the mystery of the unknown adapter! 😁

https://astromart.com/classifieds/astromart-classifieds/telescope-refractor/show/flo-adapter-for-sky-watcher-focal-reducers