SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First attempt at a ha/oii combination in Astro Pixelprocessor

assouptro

Hi I have been Imaging the Witches Broomstick over the last couple of months when the clouds have allowed in the hope of having it ready for haloween. Also I have been trying to get to grips with a new (to me anyway) piece of processing software, probably like a lot of folks on this forum. And thanks to this forum and the helpful people on it I am finally getting somewhere!

I don't think I am finished yet with this image as I know there is more data in there that needs teasing out, I had not done myself any favours as I am still learning the pitfalls of CCD imaging and had image ritate ticked on several sessions so it took a lot of working out how to stack several sessions with relevant darks flats and Bias correctly orientated!  The lesson I have learned from this is to be more organised or at least more vigilant when collecting the data!

Anyway, enough rambling on......  

Its the result of about 18.5 so far..

I've included the Tif file if you want to see it in more detail.

So far I'm impressed with APP, thanks for looking 

Bryan

1244341102_firstAPPHA-OIIIcombinationnolayersha-lum40.thumb.jpg.413a8b10975ff9aad97c8d66ec66725d.jpg

first APP HA-OIII combination no layers ha-lum 40%.tif

• Like 13

On 19/10/2019 at 13:50, Tommohawk said:

Lovely result!

I'm also using APP now and find it really good for calibration and integration - although the processing controls on the right side are a bit of a mystery!

thanks Tommohawk I know what you’re saying! 
I have played with the settings and this is my current routine. 

I have settled on ticking stretch, DDP, and auto 

Then choosing 10%BG, 5 sigma, 2.5% base 

sharp slider at 0.5.0

protect slider at 0.3.0

it’s working for me on this image so far?? But I’m just learning ! 

combine the integrations in App then save as a 16bit tiff file for further tweaking in ps.

I added the Ha integration as a luminance layer at 40% to bring up the red channel, but didn’t do much else apart from play with layers. 
it seems like a powerful tool and I’m sure it will become more routine with time. I could stack in Dss with a reference sub to keep everything aligned with my eyes closed!

thanks for the comment 

Bryan