SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Very much a beginner from Pontefract, West Yorks

Rich1980

Hi everyone,

Having just purchased a Skywatcher 200pds to get stuck into some dslr astrophotography, I thought it best to sign up and be inspired and pick up any tips from people with much more knowledge than I have. 

Look forward to reading and posting when time and clear skies allow.

Rich.

• Like 2

You couldn't have joined a better group than the SGL  Astronomy Forums Rich. Your Astro. Photography will benefit a lot from the Knowledge residing in the many experts who are always ready and willing to help and advise. Don't hesitate to pose your questions whenever you need any help.                 Enjoy your stay.

Best Wishes.

Ron.

Welcome Rich, you are were I was just under 2 years ago. Astrophotography is not the easiest thing you will do in your life but stick with it it can be so rewarding when you see those images that you have created. 

I owe so much to this forum. I have a few images under my belt, they are not fantastic and I still have a way to to but I do feel proud what I have achieved but a lot is down to the great advice I have received on SGL.

So welcome and enjoy the journey 🙂 

Steve

2 hours ago, MimasDeathStar said:

Hello there, everyone is really nice here I'm sure you'll get lots of great advice, I know I have! 

Googled your scope - what a beast! Can't wait to see what images you can produce with it! 

You might be in for a long wait for anything of quality haha 

Even after 60 years of amateur astronomy I still learn something new here every single day.
Mind you, at my age, every day is a surprise. :wink2:

SGL can be anything you want to make of it.
Treat it gently, feed it regularly and you will gain lots of knowledgeable friends.
The best thing is that they don't all want to come round and borrow your stuff.
Most of them just want to share their obsession. :smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1