Narrowband

NEW ZWO ASI 1600GT USB 3.0 Mono Camera

FLO

ZWO have released details of their new ZWO ASI 1600GT USB 3.0 Mono Camera with integrated filter-wheel 🙂 

Essentially it is an ASI 1600 MM Pro with enhanced cooling and integrated 5-position filter-wheel. 

The integrated design requires only one power and one USB cable for the camera and filter-wheel which significantly reduces cable clutter. With the on-board USB2.0 hub you can reduce cables even further. 

There is a lot to like about the new integrated design but, for many, the decision whether to buy an ASI 1600GT with integrated filter wheel vs a ASI 1600 MM Pro camera and separate EFW filter-wheel will be determined by how many filters they want to use (5x or 7x). 

ETA is mid-end November. 

(Photos show the ZWO ASI 183GT with smaller sensor, we will make new photos as soon as stock arrives). 

zwo_asi1600gt_1.jpgzwo_asi1600gt_1%5B2%5D.jpgzwo_asi1600gt_1%5B4%5D.jpg

Interesting, but like you say most people want LRGB HA, OIII, SII filters. But even if not then you would need to ask yourself how much cheaper is it to get a ASI1600mm pro and ZWO EFW mini?

Does it have an integrated off axis guider? That would be an advantage. Maybe it weighs less? 

Adam 

Edited by Adam J

12 minutes ago, artem said:

The 183GT COLOR version would be very interesting, and you could deliver them already in   "Usually shipped 20-25 working days." ?

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/zwo-cameras/zwo-asi-183gt-usb-30-cooled-mono-camera-with-internal-filter-wheel.html

ZWO cameras already in stock (almost all of them) are shipped in 1-2 working days. Those out of stock are usually shipped 7-10 working days (based on how long it takes us to source from ZWO). For these new models that have not yet been released the 20-25x working days estimate is based on ZWO's predicted release date (mid-end November). 

HTH, 

Steve 

Maybe a stupid question, as I can’t see it says anywhere, but may have missed it, but is it 1.25” or 2” filter wheel..?.

the difference of £550 for  the 5 position filter wheel, seems a lot...or is there other enhancements, that are not mentioned...

Edited by WanderingEye

18 minutes ago, WanderingEye said:

Maybe a stupid question, as I can’t see it says anywhere, but may have missed it, but is it 1.25” or 2” filter wheel..?.

Here y'go 🙂 

486618372_Screenshot2019-10-15at4_12_56pm.thumb.png.3348b237f4b41a63775c951c982eb781.png

18 minutes ago, WanderingEye said:

the difference of £550 for  the 5 position filter wheel, seems a lot...or is there other enhancements, that are not mentioned...

I guess the price difference covers the integrated design and enhanced cooling. 

HTH, 

Steve 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Laurin Dave said:

Looks good and that the filters are even closer to the sensor thereby reducing vignetting for fast scopes.. shame there's no 7 position filter wheel though

We agree. 7-position would be nice for those who want to change from LRGB to narrowband without opening the case. Though it would result in a larger camera. 

3 hours ago, Laurin Dave said:

Steve,  Any news from them on when their much heralded full Frame Mono camera will be available .. so we can start saving/dreaming

We are expecting the full-frame camera end of January, but please don't hold us to that 🙂 

Steve 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FLO said:

Here y'go 🙂 

486618372_Screenshot2019-10-15at4_12_56pm.thumb.png.3348b237f4b41a63775c951c982eb781.png

I guess the price difference covers the integrated design and enhanced cooling. 

HTH, 

Steve 

Ah, I thought I had missed it somewhere... 👍

Enhanced cooling is always welcome with these cameras..and when you look at other brands with integrated FW, this ASI is very competitive...in fact half the price...😀

Looks good, like others have said, it really should have had a 7 position filter wheel. I have the AtikOne 6.0 and my only bugbear is the five position wheel meaning that I need to swap pot my blue & green filters for OIII & SII when doing narrowband, the Lum, Red & Halpha filters stay where the are.

2 minutes ago, dazza1639 said:

Looks good, like others have said, it really should have had a 7 position filter wheel. I have the AtikOne 6.0 and my only bugbear is the five position wheel meaning that I need to swap pot my blue & green filters for OIII & SII when doing narrowband, the Lum, Red & Halpha filters stay where the are.

As above the only thing that would have made me want to change it out for my ASI1600mm pro would have been an integrated off axis guider.  

1 minute ago, scitmon said:

I have two questions...

Is the filter swapping just a minor inconvience?

Will it still have the micro lens diffraction pattern problem for bright objects?

I think the answer is yes and yes,

The thing with swapping filters for me is that you can introduce dust that way.