Narrowband

Stephan and Deer 2 versions

DaveS

I just upgraded from AstroArt 5 to AstroArt 7 (Had to pay full price as I'd lost the serial number). The tools are now much more versatile, to the point of asking myself if I *need* PixInsight.

Anyway. Here are two versions of Stephan and Deer from the original stacks.

Processed in AstroArt 5 I've posted this previously

509378682_LRGB8hr30minsatboost.thumb.jpg.7dfa77510f468589b98659b62534cb93.jpg

And in AstroArt 7. This includes a modicum of Adaptive Noise Reduction. I may have gone too far, plus a Saturation Boost with Hue Adjust.

770380875_LRGB8h30mAA7.thumb.jpg.9b3770c8066b2372619371e14d73a1a2.jpg

Bear in mind I'm just getting to grips with the new features of even tools that are common, such as Trichromy.

Is the second a wee bit green, or is the first too magenta? What do you think?

• Like 9

Thanks guys.

I too see a touch too much green in the second one now, will need a very fine touch to remove *just enough* green to bring it to neutrality.

@Paul M Yes the second is just a bit softer than I like, even though the denoise was a second iteration, I think it was still more than needed.

Not sure about the background, I was wary of taking it down too much, following Olly's advice on other threads.

I'll have another go, perhaps going right back and doing a new set of stacks.

• Like 1

Hi Dave,

Nice one...  second image for me and yes its a tiny bit green... a dose of SCNRgreen in Pixinsight would sort that out, is there an equivalent in AstroArt you could use? Also I think that if you get the chance adding more luminance data would beneficial.

Dave

• Thanks 1

This is with a bit of green reduction and a touch of Maximum Entropy Deconvolution. A centre crop to get rid of alignment and dither edges. Looking at the JPEG I posted, it looks greener than the FITS image in AstroArt. I tried Unsharp Mask as well but it was a disaster. Maybe one or the other but not both.

237293667_CentreCrop.thumb.jpg.63db1067780f7af119215a6975f07a6c.jpg

Not sure if there's an equivalent to SNCR in AA7, I just pulled the green down a bit in the Colour Balance tool.

• Like 3

Looking again I can see mottling in the background, but I'll park this for the moment until I can get more data, especially Luminance. Be a while though as there's  still too much moon, and the weather's dire.