Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

AnnieWhite

COMPLETED - PrimaLuceLabs 700DA Cooled

Hello Everyone,
I know a few of you have seen my previous thread on the forum regarding the passing of my Father-in-Law. He was a keen astronomer and had amased a good collection of equipment, including this camera. I was advised the best place to sell would infact be one of the Astronomy Forums so here we are. 
Im afraid I do not know much about it, other than what is on the receipt pictured. He paid £1559 just 2 years ago, and although it has been used, it has been kept in a hardcase with specific foam inserts so it looks near new. 
There are spare batteries, cable and charger included, plus the original box it came in. 
It would be sold as seen and would be sent out signed and tracked. 
Or collection would be from Chesterfield, Derbyshire. 

I am open to offers so please contact me either on the thread or via DM. 

Thank you all. 
Annie

20191014_104231.jpg

20191014_104206.jpg

20191014_104154.jpg

I know its awkward Annie but you are supposed to give a wanted price or it could turn into an auction which is not allowed on SGL!

• Like 1

Hi! Thanks for the message, I would say £550 but would be open to reasonable offers. 

Edited by AnnieWhite
Update on price

Hi Annie

interested in this camera, pm sent

cheers

Steve

Hi

I would give you £450 for it. 

Plus £15 for the post

I would need your address I would put cash in a regested envelope. 

Regards Solarboy 

Edited by solarboy

14 hours ago, solarboy said:

Hi

I would give you £450 for it. 

Plus £15 for the post

I would need your address I would put cash in a regested envelope. 

Regards Solarboy 

Sorry I've been advised £450 is too low a price for this so it will be £550 and I would only accept paypal payments, as it protects me and the buyer against fraud. 

Thanks.

I have £450 to puts regested envelope if you change your mind 

Regards Solarboy 

I am getting fed up of reading these offers the seller has made her point and please show some respect for her loss. The asking figure is fair and in any case in the spirit of the forum an offer should be made by MP, please lets have a stop to this as apart from anything else it could be causing un-necessary upset.

Alan.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

Gents, 

Thank you everyone for the help. I would genuinely up the creek if it hadn't been for the kindness of people of this forum. 

I know nothing about astronomical gear at all, but as everyone who has bought the gear from me from my late Father-in-law they will attest to the fact that it is all in perfect condition. He kept everything in specific foam hard cases so no damage came to any of it. 

I have offered collection and even personal delivery by myself for all the items worth any kind of reasonable money, and allowed buyers to test and check it all. 

I have photos my F-I-L took with this camera to show the quality (taken just a couple of weeks before he passed). 

I am not here to screw anyone, I am here to sell the equipment to people who can get use out of it for a fair price to pay towards the funeral costs. 

Thank you everyone for the interest and help. 

Annie.

• Like 10

As you can see, this ad has been tidied up. Can members please remember that this is the for sale section and NOT the equiptment discussion section. When someone posts an item for sale, they don't do it with the expectations of being badgered. The seller has made it clear the price she wants. If it's not what you want to pay, make an offer. If it's not accepted, walk away. Your reasons for thinking YOU know how much an article is worth means nothing. Whether the seller decides to revice the price is up to them.

• Like 10

7 hours ago, Scott said:

As you can see, this ad has been tidied up. Can members please remember that this is the for sale section and NOT the equiptment discussion section. When someone posts an item for sale, they don't do it with the expectations of being badgered. The seller has made it clear the price she wants. If it's not what you want to pay, make an offer. If it's not accepted, walk away. Your reasons for thinking YOU know how much an article is worth means nothing. Whether the seller decides to revice the price is up to them.

Thank you Scott, I really appreciate it. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, WonderStar said:

Is this still available? If so I'll take it

You are probably best off sending the OP a PM as that will appear in their e-mail, not 100% sure but I think I saw it marked as sold on Astro Buy Sell before the add was taken down. However the op was online last Saturday so there is hope for you. 

Adam

Edited by Adam J

Camera is sold WonderStar; I bought it.  Don't know why Annie hasn't updated this thread.  She went completely silent after I received the camera, and hasn't responded to any of my follow up messages.

Regards,

Erling G-P

12 minutes ago, Erling G-P said:

Camera is sold WonderStar; I bought it.  Don't know why Annie hasn't updated this thread.  She went completely silent after I received the camera, and hasn't responded to any of my follow up messages.

Regards,

Erling G-P

Well I hope that it is working ok for you in that case. 

17 minutes ago, Adam J said:

Well I hope that it is working ok for you in that case. 

Thanks; it seems to be. Weather hasn't been cooperative, so haven't had a chance to try it yet.  Also have been caught by surprise by the high power consumption by the cooling system, and have yet to work out how I'm going to power it.

Regards,

Erling G-P

16 hours ago, Erling G-P said:

Regards,

Erling G-P

Thanks for letting me know. Enjoy 🙂