Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Calendars on Sale Now!!!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if another run of a couple of thousand were run off, and placed in Waterstones, Menzies,and a few other like places, they would sell quite easily. It is a lovely thing, and lots of youngsters would beg their parents to buy them one.

Or is that too ambitious. I know a local writer did a handbook on Hale Bopp Images, and It sold very well. The calendar is a class above that.

Ron. :(

Just look at that quality , shows how SGL imagers have progressed over the past year, well done guys , and huge thanks to Grant for setting it all up along with Admin,and also for producing an excellent Calender for us all .

Rog :(

And Ant for delivering it personally.... Blimey what have you got to do to get a mention round here... :D

:oops: Sorry Ant,(Gulp)),yes it was very kind of Ant to do this , thanks once again mate ,

Just look at that quality , shows how SGL imagers have progressed over the past year, well done guys , and huge thanks to Grant for setting it all up along with Admin,and also for producing an excellent Calender for us all .

Rog :(

And Ant for delivering it personally.... Blimey what have you got to do to get a mention round here... :D

Take him a bottle of Merlot. :laughing2:

Ron. ( And just kidding Rog.) :mrgreen:

I've had a report of one calendar turning up with the packaging pretty battered, the calendar itself was ok. How has everybody else fared? If anybodies calendar has arrived in bad condition, please pm me and we can sort out a replacement if neccessary....

Cheers,

Grant

Hi Rog - Trudie hasn't contacted me yet, do you know if they were completely destroyed and she needs replacements? If so, can she PM me?

It's very frustrating to hear of so many with battered packaging, I wonder if I should be wrapping them more but to be honest, I think the size of them and how busy the royal mail is right now, no matter how I wrap them they are likely to get battered...

As I mentioned before, if anybodies does arrive in a poor condition, please contact me and we can sort out replacements...

Thanks,

Grant

I think upon examining my packaging Grant, I can safely assume damp conditions, and rough handling may have triggered the demise of it. The spiral page holder may well be a weak area, and if I might suggest any future postings be taped in that area with a piece of brown parcel tape.

Cheers.

Ron.

TBH I thought the packaging on mine was so good that it took a bit of effort to get the calendars out. Goodness knows how the reported ones got so badly damaged.

Does remind me of the old joke ..... a package was received in a damaged state labelled "Records, do not bend". To which had been added "Oh yes they do".

Mike

Got mine this morning Grant with no problems in regard to the packaging. Short of putting them in boardbacked tyvek (it's a kind of woven plasticky material, much stronger than paper, waterproof too!) than envelopes, there's not a great deal more you can do to get these better packaged. Plus those Tyveks cost a fortune!

Have to say these calenders are gorgeous, if you haven't ordered one yet, do so as you will not be disappointed!

Tony..

Must say, congratulations to everyone who has helped to put together a very nice calender :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

It has taken pride of place in my computer/telescope room.

and it arrived in good condition.

Thank you

Andy

Archived