Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cygus Wall

Rodd

This is another image I was never satisfied with.  I had cropped this FOV from a widefield shot taken with the FSQ 106 to what I thought was good effect--but closer inspection revealed its shorfalls.  So I tried to image the same FOV with the TOA 130--coincidentally the identical FOV.  The image ended up better processed--but pale and dim.  More details were clearly prsent, but the presentation was ho-hum.  So I reprocessed the data.  Here is what I came up with.  As in previous images, there was a bit of motling in the re channel, there was small scale noise throughout, and brightening the image resulted in a compromise of the double star near the lower ridge--which I consider the benchmark for this FOV.  I have improed all tehedifficincies.  I won't go so far as claiming the are fixed, becuase there is always room for improvement.

TOA 130

Ha: 93 300sec

OIII: 96 300sec

SII: 100: 300sec

HaSHO-1fstars3.thumb.jpg.4c01500777472be2f5b224f9f7cc3759.jpg

• Like 20

2 hours ago, wimvb said:

Excellent image, Rodd. Great contrast and brilliant control of the dark dust lane on the right. At the same time you kept the stars under control. 👍👍👍

Thanks Wim!  
Rodd