Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sky at Night Live tonight

DaveS

Possibly they couldn't give as much time to each question as they'd have liked in order to get a good number in.

But yes, an enjoyable hour, and good to see such a wide knowledge base in the panel.

• Like 2

I enjoyed it but agree with the other Alan that some questions didn't get answered properly, I still struggle with the size of the universe with the observable size and most distant object and its age considering that some say that the universe is smaller than the smallest sub atomic particle.

Alan

Edited by Alien 13
  • Like 1

I wasn't watching closely enough to catch the animation - may watch a repeat if I remember.  Alnitak is certainly the left most of the three in Orion's Belt.

It was Betelgeuse, but I was watching it on a small TV at a distance, and all I could see was 3 stars in a line with what looked like the sword below.  In fact i was looking at a small constellation of Orion at an angle and the "sword" was in fact the Belt and the 3 stars (that I thought were the belt) were Betelgeuse, Bellatrix and whatever the star is in between which I never normally see). 

I changed my post as soon as I realised, but by then some of you had already read it. 

Carole 

Edited by carastro
  • Like 1

Just watching this on iPlayer. Really enjoying it.

I'd given up on S&N. Maybe a live, informal astro-chat would be something they could do more often? Everything that Stargazing live could have been but mostly failed.

• Like 1