sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_2.thumb.jpg.72789c04780d7659f5b63ea05534a956.jpg

49 minutes ago, Nikolas74 said:

Hello , 

I am going to use for the first time my color camera and i was wondering if i should check the debayer algorithm in apt tool to RGBG (my camera) or not ? what is the difference ?

Thank you.

its just for the preview screen, i have mine ticked but you still have to debayer when processing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By EyeGuy
      Last week was a milestone - finally managed to get plate solving in APT going properly (thanks to AstroQuest1 on YouTube), so I decided to celebrate by taking a properly framed picture of the Heart Nebula.
      It's just 2 hours with a OSC camera, so it's pretty noisy, and also pretty undersampled, but I love how plate solving helps so much to achieve an attractive framing. This is from the middle of town, bortal 6, with a triad filter.
      Barry

• By melsky
      Hi
      This colour camera is in absolutely mint condition only having been used twice, it comes boxed with all the leads and accessories. I'm looking for £625 including postage .

• By Astrofriend
      Hi,
      I normally using the AstroImageJ software when doing the first steps in my preparing of astrophotos. My camera is a Canon EOS 6D, it has a normal singel color sensor with Bayer pattern filter.
      There are a lot of different Bayerpattern, Canon normally has the filter order RGGB. In my case I read out the overscan region of sensor and then maybe the start pixel position can be at another color filter.
      Sometimes I feel it's a bit hard to bring out the color in the following steps. So I had to test that I didn't mixed up the Bayer pattern when I created the macro that do the demosaicing.
      To test this I made a RGB color test pattern image and took photos of it. Then demosaicing the CFA image to get 4 new images Red, Green1, Grenn2 and Blue, each 1/4 of the original size.
      From these images I easy see if the demosaicing is done correct.
      If it's interesting read about more details I have put together a page over what I do when testing the demosaicing function:
      http://www.astrofriend.eu/astronomy/tutorials/tutorial-raw-demosaic-combine/tutorial-raw-demosaic-combine.html
      What result did I get? It was correct so I don't have to worry about that as long I keep my Canon camera.
      /Lars
    • By Gerry Casa Christiana
      Hello all
      Can I ask what is the current thinking and methods on the following things. There seems to be some really old YouTube videos of how to control your mount and control your camera but I would like to hear what is the latest wisdom on the following:
      Eq6 Mount Control? Stellarium? Eqmod? Handset? Bluetooth?
      Canon camera exposure control. Aptool? Intervalometer? Laptop? iOS app??? Is that even possibile? 
      I have a Eq6 pro but I would love to know what the most current way of doing these things are. 
      It's mainly for imaging. 

Bring me me up to date please!

Thanks

Gerry
    • By uhb1966
      Hello guys and girls, these are the first adventures of a new CCD user.
      I hope you'll have a bit to laugh
      i bought a used QHY8 from a fellow stargazer. It arrived yesterday. It was missing the documentation (but in the documentation was not part of the deal, so that's okay). After quite a while I got everything running (the Camara needs two power sources). As the weather was good for the first time in years, I immediately set up in my garden at 11 PM. First I was struck by a faulty USB cable - it took me about an hour and a half to isolate the problem as it was not constantly failing but intermittantly freezing the software and/or windows.
      But after that, i was able to shoot a few short moon sequences with APT. However, the result was less than optimal. I was getting pesky little black squares. I suspected something with debayering and asked APT's Ivo and the qhyccd forum for help.
      Ivo answered within about 30 mins, and after 2 or 3 messages everything was clear: the debayering settings in APT refer only to the display within APT, not to the saved images ! (I hear the more experienced SGLers ROFLing)
      After some updates and mouseclicks, i got nice little stacked images of the full moon.
      The next problem was the cooling: the unit cooled very well when connected straight to a power source, but with the QHY power converter in-between the cooling was mediocre (guessing from the outside temp of the casing). Also, the unit stubbornly said it was running at 25C, but the pictures were ok (yes, i know, moon pics dont have to worry about SNR, but still, they were ok, some test darks at 30 secs were also very ok).
      Well, to cut a long story short: the QHY8 does not have a temp sensor!!! Its supposed to cool straight away at max power. APT (and other software) is somehow getting wrong temp values.
      Finally, i used the QHY power converter for the sony chip and a second power supply for the cooling. The finding: the cooling via the QHY power converter was much weaker- even the fan went at a little lower rotation speed. Running through the second power supply, the unit cooled great. Possibly one of the cables was mistakenly sent instead of the original one- it looks suspiciously thin for a cable that is supposed to be transferring 36 watts at 12 volt.
      So, after several hours of silently swearing, everything works! Yay!!!

PS: the suspiciously thin 36 watts cable (the cross diameter of the plug is 2.5mm):

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.