Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astropixel processor reference frame question

Hi 

I am playing around with APP and I am initially impressed but I have a question........

When using DSS I can select a reference frame in any group and although I am not integrating that frame into the stack it ensures my separate filter stacks then align in photoshop for further work.

Is there a way of doing this in APP?

Thanks in advance for any replies 

cheers

Bryan

Yes there is. I'm at work at the mo so not too sure but either on the Register tab or Integrate tab there is a large button labelled 'Set Reference Frame'. If you are stacking frames that are binned with those not binned, ie when processing LRGB for example, you need to ensure that an unbinned frame is selected so that APP knows to resize the frames that are binned.

Hope this helps but sure someone can supply the facts shortly.

David

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peakedge said:

Yes there is. I'm at work at the mo so not too sure but either on the Register tab or Integrate tab there is a large button labelled 'Set Reference Frame'. If you are stacking frames that are binned with those not binned, ie when processing LRGB for example, you need to ensure that an unbinned frame is selected so that APP knows to resize the frames that are binned.

Hope this helps but sure someone can supply the facts shortly.

David

Thanks David 

I have worked out how to set a reference frame when integrating lights with bad pixel map etc, the thing I’m not sure about is how to set a reference frame that isn’t going to be included in the integration process (apart from orientation etc)

cheers

Bryan

I just untick it, but occasionally this doesnt work and throws up an error message..  In this case I set it up as a multi-session imaging stacking plan.  Add only your reference frame to set1 and then the rest of the images you want to stack to set2.  Then I keep all ticked, but when it comes to integration, I select integrate per session (not all) on the integration tab.  This will create a stack of the set2 (the ones you want).

• Like 1

thanks guys 

I’ll give both of these a try, and tooth dr, I haven’t got as far as a multi-session imaging stacking plan yet, I’m only just getting familiar with the program but you’ve given me useful information to encourage me to keep learning! 

Thanks again 

Bryan