Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Reliable 2 pin DC connector

msacco

I have finished putting all the equipment on the pier in my new obsy,

Everything mounted on the saddle is powered from a single 12V Powerpole distribution board. That's dew heaters, main camera, focuser and powered USB hub.

You can see the full details in my build thread, but the distrbution board in use looks like this. It is velcroed to the back of the USB hub which is itself velcroed to an aluminium platebolted to the main scope tube rings.

There is another distribution board velcroed to the pier supplying the computer and the mount (one mount power and one feed through for the saddle board.

1380563794_191103DistBlock.jpg.6fd5bf6622e929dc02ecc597c978b44f.jpg

Making up the leads is easy (after I had ballsed up the first couple). You will need the right crimping tool, but I was doing enough cables for different things to make the £16 cost worth it. You can solder them, but it is a bit of a [removed word] without a third hand.

No long-term testign yet, but the distribution board is compact and the connections seem solid. At least they all work so far!

I've used Anderson Powerpole connectors and distribution boards from MFJ & Windcamp for about eight years now, I've never had a single problem with them.

They're reliable, robust and individually fused, what's not to like 😀

IMG_20170820_125712.thumb.jpg.cd6f49e4e3c3197fb4b582c7b3b4457e.jpg.fbf615a9245f52ff3dd1df6772c026c2.jpg

Edited by Starflyer