Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

Lozscott1971

SkyWatcher heritage 130p help required please.

14 hours ago, Nyctimene said:

I've read somewhere, that a DIY modification was done by replacing the three wood screws, that fix the vertical part of the mount to the circular one, with cylinder screws, and threaded inserts in the vertical part. With this modification, all the mount's parts fold nicely flat, and could be taken, together with the OTA, as hand luggage.  Might be worth a try, if you have some woodworking skills.

Stephan

Thanks for that Stephan - it would be interesting to see this modifications - although cylinder screws with threaded inserts are easily available.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Fo_Cuss
      The scope spec is firming up to be d93/f1000.
      I'll either use flocking material or create a trillion indentations in the surfaces (with peening machine), and use matt barbeque paint.
      A laser calibrator is on the aquisition list.
      Consequently, everything should ultimately be at 'best possible'.
      I will likely need some guidance on the doublet air gap.
      Other than that ... with trembling anticipation...
      May I ask for views on suitable eyepieces?
      I've read a few of the threads on this forum.
      It seems that many eyepieces fall short of expectations.
      Also, Ive noted that people have talked about the effect of long focal lengths on specific designs.
      Either way, I have an initial list, made up from what seems available at reasonable cost.
      I intend to carry out both terrestrial, and extra-terrestrial viewing.
      Perhaps these different fields require different eyepieces?
      TMB/Burgess Planetary II
      I've read the 'touchy subject' thread.
      I understand the issues, but I'm not in any position to take sides.
      The design seems to offer a 'free lunch', with remarkable 58 deg viewing.
      However, I've read reviews on this forum, talking of ghosting, and scattered light.
      My intention is to blacken the scope internals as much as is possible - perhaps this will be enough?
      Kson Super Abbe
      4 lenses - apparently popular for over a hundred years.
      Celestron 1.25" Omni Plossl
      4 lenses - apparently popular for a longer period than the Abbe.
      In the same Omni range, Celestron offer a 2x Barlow (2 lens).
      They all purport to be good lenses.
      The Celestron range is cheaper, but hey, they might be just fine.
      Are any of them good for both day and night viewing, or should I be looking for specific day and night eyepieces?
      ... and which eyepieces are better suited to a 93/1000 refractor scope?

• By Joaquim Q
      Hi, i..m on Stargazers Lounge for long time ago, but now i have a new scope at last!!! The scope is a Skywatcher classic200p dobsonian, and i received it just one month ago. I.m really happy with it. For now, i.m using the stock eyepieces that come with the scope, a 25mm and 10mm super plossl 52. Yesterday i was received a Celestron Omni barlow, and that expands my magnification range. I posted some pics with my set. 
      Congratulations to Stargazers lounge team, this is one of the best sites to learn about astronomy and equipment. 
      Besf regards to everybody 

• By ICR_2019
      Hi all this has been covered in various threads but there are so many to search through!
      I have had the scope for a couple of years and only observe occasionally.
      My main targets seem to always be the easy ones, moon, jupiter and saturn. I also scan around cassiopeia a lot.
      I have to be honest I don't really know what it is I'm seeing by name or number but am in awe of the views and trying!
      I've just taken the plunge with a BST 8mm (arrived today) for planetary use. Cloudy skies 😞
      I have the supplied 10mm 20mm and 2x barlow. So now having 8, 10 , 20 with barlow 4 and 5
      So my question is what would be the next eyepiece for dso observing?
      The 18mm gets great reviews but is that a little close to the existing set?
      Would I benefit more with a 25mm?
      Thanks in advance Ian

• By Kronos831
      So, i have settled between 2 eyepieces for my scopes.
      The explore scientific 6,5 mm 52degree 

and the Skywatcher UWA Planetary 6mm

I have read that the explore scientific gives better contrast and views.
      The explore scientific will give me 184x and barlowed 369x So should i trade less magnification for more detail?
    • By DavidJM
      Dilemna time......
      I've realised that I'm not a fan of barlows, I'm also not loaded with cash. I love my two BST's 8mm and 25mm, I'm not so keen on my 15mm meade.
      I've recently expanded my scope collection due to some inheritance with a 127 Mak, so my question is what would be a benefit to my eyepieces, replace the 15mm with a BST? Go lower than my 8mm? Go higher than 25mm? With BST's I would easily get two below £100 or go for something different and spend up to £100 on one eyepiece? Have a wide range of focal lengths and ratios over my three scopes, do I plan for different eyepieces per scope or stick to common eyepieces? Before anyone suggests Televues, I'll need to spend a fair bit on the wife before they turn up in the post? unless of course someone knows of deals going round

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.