Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello From Newbie in Cornwall (Rainy version)

MikeStickley

Hello All,

I've decided to ease back into my childhood love of astronomy and stargazing. I sorely miss a 6" home made Newtonian that was passed down through the family but at some point over the all too many decades since has been lost to history.

I plan to ease myself back into stargazing, starting with relearning the constellations by naked eye and binoculars, and then, when the time is right to maybe treat myself to a telescope. This is the plan anyway (seen plenty of advice ref not rushing in).

My sole purchase so far has been a binocular tripod adapter (I already have the binocs and a good tripod). I will resist the impulse to rush out and buy a scope. I will Resist!

Now if only the recent Jovian levels of cloud cover would just go away, maybe I could actually get out there to see some stars... 🙂

Mike

• Like 3

Hi, I live in Falmouth. Cornwall astro society meet in Degibna church (road behind cottage hospital) 2nd Tuesday of the month.  Im a member but haven't been for a while due to work and weather 

www.cornwallas.org.uk

Steve

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Steve Clay said:

Hi, I live in Falmouth. Cornwall astro society meet in Degibna church (road behind cottage hospital) 2nd Tuesday of the month.  Im a member but haven't been for a while due to work and weather 

www.cornwallas.org.uk

Steve

Hi Steve, thanks, I have come across you guys and was thinking I might pop along to the next meet 🙂

• Thanks 1

Welcome to the forum! My wife and I (plus her parent's Big Brown Dog) stayed in an apartment overlooking Mullion Harbour last Christmas and we loved it down there. Come to think of it, my current profile pic is at Kynance Cove on the very same trip 😃