Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

Jonk

I've finally ordered a Mesu 200 MK2 (Mesu e200)

After all this time, reading, learning and having a word with myself on more than 1 occasion, I've just placed an order for a new Mesu 200 Mk2 mount.

It's being referred to as a Mesu e200 (e for enhanced).

I'm now skint, but hey ho it was a long time coming!

It will be delivered in the next week or so but I can't install it yet as there are a number of things I need to do.

1. Make an adaptor plate to fit my pier.

2. Collect my pier from the powder coaters (very shortly).

3. Purchase some 316 stainless steel billet to make some counterweights. These will easily be less than half the cost of the commercial ones available.

4. Dig a hole and pour the concrete.

5. Locate the mount.

6. Build the observatory around the mount.

7. Hopefully start enjoying it and really getting some good imaging / observing done!

Thanks to @carballada for his enthusiam and updates / videos, it has certainly helped me to push the button.

I'll try and keep this thread updated with progress, but not for a while yet so watch this space if you're interested!

Ciao for now.

Jon

• Like 7

Latest news, no shipping crates!

The wait for a despatch date goes on...

No big deal really, as I can't use it yet anyway.

• Like 1

Patience young man, your pride and joy will soon be in your posession.    You will get great pleasure from making a suitable site for it, then getting it ready for duty. Good luck with the build. An Obs. Is a wonderful place to operate a telescope from, and you can look forward to some most enjoyable nights.

Don't forget to keep us informed on your progress, because we are as excited as you are.

Best Wishes.

Ron.

Edited by barkis
  • Like 1

I've been considering a new mount for some time now, and it always comes back to the Mesu 200!  It'll not be a while yet as I've made two not insignificant astro purchases in the last month.  I am delighted to hear that you have bought one and will look forward to the updates.

We see rapid technological changes in Astro products lately. Not so unexpected of course, as there is always a market for more sophisticated  goodies to tempt us. I think if I had a good lottery win, I would delve too, but it would be probably just to gloat over, rather than use, I'm more or less doing that with what I have now.

So many distractions prevent me getting on with the Astronomy  I have been devoted to for most of my life.  The changes that have taken place throughout those years is quite astonishing. There is much to admire locked in the various forum directories of SGL, and it is certainly  vast library of knowledge.

Ron.

Edited by barkis
  • Like 1