Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

dyfiastro

PC controlled astro imaging installation and configuration tutorial (youtube)

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone, thought I would share this in case its of any use to anyone on here

I have recently started a youtube channel. I have uploaded the first part of a series showing how to install and configure a pc based astro imaging system.
Part 1 covers the installation and basic configuration of ascom, eqmod, stellarium scope and stellarium.

PC controlled astro imaging system installation and configuration - Part 1

Part 2 will be recorded over the coming week and will cover installing and configuring APT, Plate solving, PHD2.
Parts 3 and 4 will be coming soon showing how to customise and use stellarium and APT

Mark

Edited by dyfiastro
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Nice one Mark ,they will prove very useful especially for beginner's.  Good of you to provide them.

Cheers Steve

• Like 1

Looks good. I wish there were more videos like this when I started out. It would have been really useful. I have since made the move to a Raspberry Pi running Stellarmate OS then connect and control everything through Kstars with Ekos. Great  video though.

• Like 1

On 09/10/2019 at 17:34, Gasman said:

Nice one Mark ,they will prove very useful especially for beginner's.  Good of you to provide them.

Cheers Steve

No problem. If I can help people out and setting up this type of thing easier and less of a daunting task then its worth while

17 hours ago, dazza1639 said:

Looks good. I wish there were more videos like this when I started out. It would have been really useful. I have since made the move to a Raspberry Pi running Stellarmate OS then connect and control everything through Kstars with Ekos. Great  video though.

Yes I fully agree, when I started I had the same issue.
I am keeping my eye on the situation regarding the Raspberry Pi 4 at present. I need something that I can do planetary imaging on as well so a Pi3 with a USB3 planetary camera was a no go.
If they get to the point where its usable then there may be a whole new set of videos started.