Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

Captain Magenta

COMPLETED - COMPLETED - SW 200p OTA

Posted (edited)

... looking for an 8” SW Newt ...

Cheers, Magnus

Edited by Captain Magenta

I've currently got 2 that are soon to be sold an older blue with 2 speed focusser upgrade and a black diamond 200p - both ysed purely for imaging, are you after any particular model? 

Actually an old blue would be ideal. I have a 300p based in dark SW Ireland which I only get to use when I'm there for one of my 3-per-year fortnight visits. To minimise the time spent collimating and setting that one up, and to maximise the time I can spend using it in tip-top condition, I want a scaled-down version in London to practise on and to experiment with generally. I have been offered a 150p but I already have a 6" Mak here so 8" is where I want this one to fit in.

Do you find yourself driving within reach of start of M3 ever? Crewe seems quite far away...

Thanks, Magnus

Afraid I'm not intending to be in that area in the short term Magnus. Postage costs are probably a bit prohibitive as well.