Narrowband

AZEQ6 new motor controller board - no polar scope illumination ?

jarbi

Hi Everyone,

I was helping a friend to replace his damaged motor controller board on his AZEQ6 Synscan mount. This new board has an USB connector as well. Replacement went fine and we reconnected everything. After reassembling the mount works fine with the hand controller, USB connection to PC works as expected. 

But - there is one weirdness. When we tried to enter in the Utility menu for changing illumination of the polar scope in the handctontroller, we get the message "Not available for this mount" ! The illumination adjustment was well possible with the "old" motor board without USB, using the same V3 hand controller (latest firmware installed). We could test is with a different ( V4 ) handcontroller - exactly the same message. 

I have checked the connector and wires of the LED, certainly not damaged. We installed even the latest update for the motor controller, no joy...

I would be grateful if someone could shed a light on this, no idea how could we fix this.... 

Clear skies,

Janos

Just to update my own question: apparently there is a DIP switch on this board ( just above the ARM chip in the middle ), and you have to set it according to the mount you are placing it in. I requested the info what should I set for an AZEQ6 mount.

AZEQ6 USB motor contr.JPG