Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Planning on getting a Battery for my equipment

Hello guys

I'm having a problem with my setup, my power source are not enough.and I need a bigger battery for it.

my equipment are:

EQ6-R Mount using ASCOM

ASI1600MM Pro+EFW / or ASI294MC Pro

ASI290mm mini / or ASI174mm mini

Sesto Senso auto focuser / or esatto"2 auto focuser

Laptop 18v 45w

normally I start at 7PM and stop around 6AM so around 11 hours.

my current batteries can't hold my setup very well.

so I want to step up and get a good battery

after a lot of research  it seems that the best choice is AGM Deep Cycle Battery 12v 100-130AH

first, is that my best bet?

second, I looked around for an AGM Deep Cycle Battery in my area, and it seems no one knows what I'm talking about sadly.

but I found a GEL type battery called:

VISION CG12-120X

its a 12v 120AH

I've attached a PDF file that might give you more info about it.

I normally go out on a moonless nights, maybe 2 times every 30 days? I always charge my batteries after I use them.

is this battery good for my usage?

I'll buy a good charger (maybe this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/CTEK-MXS-7-0-Automatic-Reconditions/dp/B00604UABY/ )

ordering a battery overseas is almost impossible.

Am I doing it right? or I'm missing something?

Thanks

CG12-120X.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Hi  I recently purchased the Celestron lithium power tank and I have been very impressed by it 

One good feature is the red and white lights which are very handy, it is also fairly small making it very portable.

It is reputed to give 7 hours use on my Celestron 6se,it is far superior to using aa batteries

I just posted in anothr thread on the sam subjec.

i use the Antigravity Batteries XP-10 heavy duty.

It’s 18,000 mAh and 700 cold cranking amps. I’ve jump started my 4x4 with it a couple times from not driving it and leaving it in the driveway for weeks.

It runs my CGX and camera cooler at least 2 days, probably a week haha but I recharge it. Oh and it velcro straps under the tripod tray.

We’ve used these in a 4x4 club I’m in for 5 years at least under extreme conditions and only one of about 10 I know of started to bulge after 5 years.

a little pricey at $189 US for standard and $219 for the heavy duty but small, portable, and I can say first hand it holds an almost full charge at 6 months.

it has a few usb ports, a 12vdc/10A port that is the same as my celestron plug that i split between mount and camera, i think 2.5x5.5 but don’t remember , and then a super high current 700 cca jump start connection. US made.

Oh and it also comes with a set of laptop adapters and has a separate 19vdc plug for it.

Might want to check it out .

https://antigravitybatteries.com/products/micro-starts/xp-10-hd/

Edited by scrufy