Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC5146

astro mick

Hi.

After a spell of poor weather I managed to get out a couple of nights ago.

I chose IC5146 as it was high in the sky.I imaged this with Ha and RGB Filters.About 2hrs per Filter.

80ED and 73ED scopes were used.

Fully calibrated with calibration frames.

I could,nt push too hard as the Blue was giving me the dreaded blue halos.

If anyone knows a good tutorial to handle these halos,please let me know.

Mick.ICB5146b.thumb.png.c93ef0a8de81f523103d73619df18a69.png

• Like 12

Thanks Alan,always appreciate the comment.

I don't seem to be getting much better at this lark,so may stop posting.I,m still happy at my own results,and that's what counts.

However I,ve said this before,and I,m still here.(LOL).

Mick

1 hour ago, astro mick said:

Thanks Alan,always appreciate the comment.

I don't seem to be getting much better at this lark,so may stop posting.I,m still happy at my own results,and that's what counts.

However I,ve said this before,and I,m still here.(LOL).

Mick

I dont know why youd stop!  I always enjoy looking at your images.  This is another nice one, with plenty of detail.  Maybe a tad dark on my screen tho?

1 hour ago, RobB said:

I was watching this AstroBackyard tutorial last night (trying to soak up as much info before I begin my baby steps in astrophotography).  Trevor, at one point, goes into removing halos.  https://youtu.be/5GgruZ-1zQ0I think just after halfway.

Thanks for that,its very informative.I like Trevor,seems like a nice guy.

Mick.

45 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

I dont know why youd stop!  I always enjoy looking at your images.  This is another nice one, with plenty of detail.  Maybe a tad dark on my screen tho?

Oh just proberbly having a bad day.

Thanks for your comment though,i always admire the time people take to leave a comment.

Mick.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, astro mick said:

If anyone knows a good tutorial to handle these halos,please let me know.

I'm not sure I know of a tutorial but one way I have found to reduce the problem is to take the Blue image into PS as a tif (from PI) and run the 'Reduce star size whole image' action from Annie's Astro Actions. Sometimes I run it twice for good measure. When I take the tif back into PI I can combine the RGB without getting the blue halos. It's probably cheating but it works. You can also use Photoshop : Filter - Noise - Reduce Noise and set Reduce Colour Noise to 100% but I have concerns that this does more than just reduce the halos.

HTH

Adrian

On 09/10/2019 at 00:19, Adreneline said:

I'm not sure I know of a tutorial but one way I have found to reduce the problem is to take the Blue image into PS as a tif (from PI) and run the 'Reduce star size whole image' action from Annie's Astro Actions. Sometimes I run it twice for good measure. When I take the tif back into PI I can combine the RGB without getting the blue halos. It's probably cheating but it works. You can also use Photoshop : Filter - Noise - Reduce Noise and set Reduce Colour Noise to 100% but I have concerns that this does more than just reduce the halos.

HTH

Adrian

Thankyou Adrian

I will certainly look into that,as I am Photoshop only.

Mick.

Edited by astro mick

22 hours ago, astro mick said:

I don't Adrian,but I will shortly.

Mick.

On 10/10/2019 at 09:14, Adreneline said:

Hi Mick

If you don't have Annie's Astro Actions I would certainly recommend them; lots of useful and helpful stuff for sorting image problems/issues and a bargain at only $15.

Good lcuk.

Adrian

Done.

• Like 1