RDF to DSLR hot shoe adapter

Brutha

Hi All,

In case someone finds it useful, I've put together a small 3d printed adapter to let me fit a red dot finder (Celestron Starpointer in my case) to the hot shoe in my DSLR (Canon 550d / T2i).

It's 3d printed in 3 pieces, then you'll need a little super glue and a M3 bolt and nut to fit the pieces together - the STL files are attached below. I also have the FreeCAD file - but since it's a bit of a fudge (due to redesigns as I went along!), I won't upload that unless someone particularly wants it!

Basically, glue the M3 nut into the relevant space in the "nut" piece, glue an M3 bolt pointing upwards into the bottom of the base, then snap / glue the rail on top. One note: print the rail with it pointing upwards, rather than lying flat (this means the layers are stronger for the RDF to grip, rather than risking splitting them apart).

Cheers

Brutha

IMG_1185.thumb.jpeg.cb2cc79bb1e41f5a5e0803c3c3bf6602.jpegIMG_1186.thumb.jpeg.e06d100d4fe829bd7e3030ebb6e349ec.jpeg

hsbase3.stl hsnut.stl hsrail.stl

• Like 5