Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Shelster1973

COMPLETED - Mount Handsets

Having a clearout and decided to get rid of the handsets that I have lying around not doing much

First up is a SynScan handset that came with my Skywatcher EQ6R-Pro.  Am not sure what version it is as have never used it (always computer control my mount).  Looking for £75 for this one and that includes P&P too

Next up is the NexStar handset that came with my Celestron AVX.  Again, not sure on the version that this is running, but can confirm that the handset does (did) work the last time that I had it out.  This one is £50 inclusive the good old P&P

Both have cables to connect into the mount too 

On 06/10/2019 at 09:17, Shelster1973 said:

Having a clearout and decided to get rid of the handsets that I have lying around not doing much

First up is a SynScan handset that came with my Skywatcher EQ6R-Pro.  Am not sure what version it is as have never used it (always computer control my mount).  Looking for £75 for this one and that includes P&P too

Next up is the NexStar handset that came with my Celestron AVX.  Again, not sure on the version that this is running, but can confirm that the handset does (did) work the last time that I had it out.  This one is £50 inclusive the good old P&P

Both have cables to connect into the mount too 

Some photos of the two handsets might be useful to let prospective purchasers identify them.

Ah....didn't put up any as was under the thinking that most people would either know what they where or Google them.

Will take some this evening when I get home for clarity 🙂

As promised, some pictures of said handsets

IMG_2028.thumb.jpg.1029367427c8bec71609534c4b884d95.jpg

Skywatcher Handset.  Black cable is for connection to the mount and the grey cable is for connecting handset to PC

IMG_2029.thumb.jpg.404bd83a400548b20ddcfafd4bf3c2c5.jpg

Skywatcher close up

IMG_2030.thumb.jpg.881af3391d6a15958830c5e3dcd99fda.jpg

Celestron Handset.  Black cable for connecting handset to mount and grey cable for connecting handset to PC.  This also has a serial to USB dongle attached to it.  Not looking to sell the dongle on its own.  Will go with which ever handset sells first........the race is on.

IMG_2031.thumb.jpg.d0ed4bb9552436fc85b799b18064b74f.jpg

Celestron on its own

Thanks for looking

Hi - long shot I know, but is the Synscan handset still available?

Hi Peter

Synscan handset Is  a V4

Steve

• Like 1

Ah no way!!   I was just about to reply about buying 😪

Thanks anyhow

Is the Nexstar handset still available? Does it work ok?

Posted (edited)

Yeah the Celestron one is still a available. 

It was working when I last used it, but I don’t have a Celeste ok mount any more, so can’t check at present. 

Edited by Shelster1973

Thanks, How much do you want for it?

Posted (edited)

£40 inc p&p sound good?

Am away from home until Wednesday next week, so can’t send it out until then if that’s ok?

Edited by Shelster1973

Happy with both the points above. I will PM you with how we go from here.