SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My first LRGB attempt at M45

assouptro

Hi 

here (as the title suggests) is my first attempt at an lrgb version of one of my favourite dso’s 

Its a compilation of a few short exposures with a mono Atik460 through my rev Astro ed100. About 8 x 4min per channel, stacked in dss and tweaked in ps and ps express on my phone after! 

Cheers 

Bryan

DC093AE0-5B8C-4F6C-954F-3E06C9280DD8.jpeg

• Like 22

7 hours ago, astro mick said:

This deserves comments.This is exerllent Bryan.The Nebulosity is amazing.

Well done and carry on.

Mick.

Thanks Mick

There was more nebulosity available in the subs but I struggled with the green channel and had to tone it down to attempt to balance it. I will try and obtain some fresh green subs or maybe synthesize a green channel from the red and blue? 

I wanted to try Hasta la vista green plugin for photoshop but I can't seem to install it in ps6? 

I have always loved Pleiades and would like to make a print of it one day!

I will continue!!

clear skies

Bryan   

14 hours ago, alan potts said:

Superb shot the nebula has come out really well in this. Can I ask what you took it with, not the LX 12 inch surely.

Alan

Hi Alan 

no, it definitely wasn’t taken through my 12”! 
I need to update my signature to add some equipment. 
The telescope i used is a revelation Astro ed100 doublet. 
I’ve had it a while now and recently upgraded the focuser to one of these 

https://www.telescopehouse.com/revelation-ultrafocus-2-7-inch-rack-n-pin-refractor-focuser.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwivbsBRDsARIsADyISJ-5SUzD3tVKagrAHukkiUOOc_LI_We8X5h4JxyuDHUd0uowUzj9rRcaAhfiEALw_wcB

and with its f6 optics and it’s 600mm fl it seems like a good match for my atik460. I have to refocus carefully  with every filter change but the new focuser makes that so much easier than before! 

cheers

Bryan

• Like 1

Fabulous.  Much more difficult to do a good M45 than it may first appear since the bright stars drown out everything else unless you are careful with the processing.  My efforts at this have so far been in vain.  When I get round to it again when its clear I hope mine will be as good as yours!

• Like 1