Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Polarscope align Pro app

Does anyone use the PS Align Pro app for polar aligning and in particular the daytime polar alignment facility. Take a look at the videos below. This guy uses the daytime process using the app which identifies where Polaris is and then uses a bubble like animation for you to polar align with the alt/azimuth bolts. He then checks his alignment the traditional way (second video) and the app seems to be pretty bang on.....for visual anyway. What i like is that you can carry out this process during the day during normal set up and then at night you will only need to fine tune for accurate polar alignment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2lwoJeQj44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq_gKvCmqBI

Edited by Jiggy 67
  • Like 2

I have the APP, the APP is good for setting and aligning the mount ti polaris and getting ready before it is DARK, but  you need to align again again either with PGD2 DRIFT ALIGN or via the POLAR SCOPE..

I think, it also depends how much magnetic interferences are disturbing the APP to peform very accurate aligninment..

Good luck

Martin

• 5 months later...

I got fed up and frustrated using the polar alignment scope. I now polar align with the QHY Polemaster. Bit of an investment but I have found it worthwhile and it's so much easier than getting down on your knees and craning your neck. Much quicker as well.