Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

photoshop histogram

Fieldsy

3 hours ago, Fieldsy said:

Hi all I've just logged into pals acc to try for a while for photoshop and the histogram has a no entry sign on it .🤔 pal says he dont know maybe something with student package any ideas ?

A screen shot might help? I do know some versions of PS like CC will not manipulate 16bit images. Only 8-bit and hence are useless for astro work.

Edited by Adam J
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Adam J said:

A screen shot might help? I do know some versions of PS like CC will not manipulate 16bit images. Only 8-bit and hence are useless for astro work.

I use Photoshop CC and it works fine on 16bit images as far as I can tell.  What functions don't work?

Some functions in PS only work on 8 bit images, some actually change the image to 8 bit so you have to keep an eye on them as they may stay  8 bit requiring changing back to 16 bit to carry on.

Dave

1 hour ago, Adam J said:

Depends on the version, older versions did not.

Isn't CC the monthly subscription one so should be up to the minute ?

Just tried my old CS4 and it has histogram available in 8 and 16 bit.

Dave

Just now, Davey-T said:

Isn't CC the monthly subscription one so should be up to the minute ?

Just tried my old CS4 and it has histogram available in 8 and 16 bit.

Dave

CS2 has it in 8 and 16 bit whats that got to do with CC. Older versions of CC do not manipulate 16 bit images, not the current pay per year one, older stand alone versions. Simple statement.

Erm... no.

All versions of PS can manipulate 8 & 16bit, since v3.x onwards (ie: pre CS1 days). All versions of Photoshop thru CS1 to CC2019 can manipulate 16bit images.

SOME functions & plugins cannot operate on 32BIT images, and image must be converted to 16bit first (such as curves). 

None of this has any bearing on the o/p’s issue however.