SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Synscan V.4 Problem Entering Coordinates

My Synscan 4.37 controller is not allowing me to go past entering longitude.  It keeps displaying my old coordinates and will allow me to change them.  Your help is appreciated, please.  I am using  Atlas EQ-G 

Tango Charlie

As Peter says reads that you are entering the minutes bit as a decimal value and NN.63 so trying 63 minutes for example is invalid. That field can be no larger the 59. For completeness the minutes would be Minutes = (0.63*60) then you enter that as the minute value field.

However on Google Brooksville has the decimal value below Something.5 so even if that is the problem values as per Google should enter. However up around the danger area and a different map may give a value just a bit too big.

Google says: Long 82  28' West, and Latitude 28  31' North, minute values rounded a bit.

There is no message displayed to say Invalid Value. The handset just sits there until you realise the problem and put it right.

Edited by PEMS