SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Milky sky clusters.

cotterless45

They said " clear " , but it was just milky without stars filling the constellations. View of Saturn , but it was shimmering . Ideal to view brighter clusters and a few hours meandering through Cassiopeia and Perseus. There's good bright ones , compact cores and those that are best overlooked ! M34 is often overlooked , give it a shot. 

Quite amazed that when spending a few minutes observing , the number of doubled up satellites that pass across. Almost like a Star Wars chase ! Quite fascinated by the young star clusters, certainly numerous multiple stars there . 

Not enough darkness to get to the dusty cored clusters , Herschel classification puts these as top class. You can imagine shapes here , I think that the "running man" in Perseus is quite glorious. Here's a few in that area .

Here's to clear skies ! Nick.IMG_7215.thumb.JPG.e9149a35614279d4619cbd0e59637ebb.JPGIMG_7219.thumb.JPG.b30fd68f5d2d565b338fc513a01baa58.JPGIMG_7217.thumb.JPG.ff73a50ae5887e694a4f482b5686a839.JPGIMG_7218.thumb.JPG.db1da8624527a436cfe6e764bd0ffa1f.JPG

• Like 8

Awful here high cloud Capella looked like it was in water I gave it a miss. 5am I could see Orion and Gemini looked at 7 sisters found a cluster not sure what it was at first thought it was Hyades but it was lower than that only saw it in binoculars.

As far as anything else nothing was on show like a blanket of cloud cutting Orion off from the rest of the sky.

Great sketches as usual.

• Like 1