Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

Glob

Impossible viewing

A few years back I found myself having to dispose of a hundred or so computer CDs.
I idly wondered about making cheap simple brackets and fastening the discs to my gutters, fence tops and other places. Send the light back to the source.
Basically if it is a neighbours light, blast everything at their door - at eye level!

My argument is that I am not generating light trespass or pollution. I am simply returning a neighbours waste.
A bit like giving him the tree clippings back.

David.

Causing light pollution is now legally the same as causing noise pollution, you just don't hear of many prosecutions.

If the light is excessive, intrusive or otherwise annoying ask the council nicely to so something about it. If they then don't remind them that they may be breaking the law.

Steve

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bilbo said:

Causing light pollution is now legally the same as causing noise pollution, you just don't hear of many prosecutions.

Surely, for light pollution, you meant to say:

you just don't see many prosecutions.”

😉

• Haha 1

On 06/10/2019 at 15:03, estwing said:

Tank of petrol is the best way of blocking street lights....

Altho not everyone drives nor has a license. My city stats says 1 million people take ttc a day.

Just saying i know lots people who dont drive that's y they live in cities where u have everything u need

Joejaguar 

Thanks guys, some very good comments to think about.

MikeDnight that is a very impressive set up you have there, I'd love to be able to do somthing like that but unfortunately it's not an option at this moment in time, maybe in the future.

Andy R unfortunately I don't drive mate, so unfortunately I have to make the most of what I have.

ScouseSpaceCadet that is a very good idea, I'd be interested to hear how you get on with the council, and in the meantime I'll definitely be looking in to that myself.

Thanks again everyone for the great advice, definitely lots to think about.

Regards

Glob 

Don't let some lights put you off.
I had a severe light issue with multiple spotlights from 2 houses, 
one house far worse than the other.
I carried on observing from home, but devised a cunning plan.

IMG_1194.thumb.JPG.a47d129f0257a7d43a0c65f53b545e28.JPG

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Glob said:

Andy R unfortunately I don't drive mate, so unfortunately I have to make the most of what I have.

Hey next time im out in the wilderness ill drop you a message and see if you want a trip out with me. im started imaging lately so im not so much observing but im still learning.

I've been Moel Famau a few times and Llyn Brenig. the latter being better as its darker and not so many nightime idiots.

Andy

• Like 1

Hi Andy that is a amazing offer thank you.

I'll pm you mate.